A Brief Explanation
What is A+?
It is a program that is available to FHS graduates because FHS is an “A+ School.”
- A+ is money from the Missouri government; the money comes from Missouri taxes.
- You do not have to have financial need
- anyone can qualify.
- A+ pays for tuition (what you have to pay to attend a school).
- A+ pays for fees (like computer fees, health fees, recreation fees, charged by the school).
A+ does not pay for transportation, room and board, supplies, and optional books or program-related fees, such as tools.
What type of Schools will A+ pay for me to attend?
Located in Missouri;
- Public (funded with Missouri tax money);
- 2-year community colleges, technical colleges, or vocational/technical schools;
- Possible scholarship offerings at numerous 4-year schools.
- A+ does not pay for 4-year school or schools out of state or private schools.
Basically, you just have to:
- Get an average of C+’s when all your semester grades are averaged together. (2.5 GPA);
- Have an attendance rate of 95%;
- Attend an A+ school for your last three years before graduation;
- Stay out of trouble;
- Do 50 hours of tutoring;
- Students must score proficient or advanced on the Algebra I End of Course Exam (EOC) OR earn a score of 17 or higher on the MATH portion of the American College Testing (ACT).
Click here to learn more about A+ Scholarship eligibility.
SUBMITTING A+ HOURS:
- Join using the following code: ze7wppe
- A new timesheet will be posted on the A+ Google Classroom every week. Make sure to find the one with the correct dates for the week.
- When you click on the timesheet it automatically makes a copy for you.
- Fill in your new timesheet with the following:
- Your name
- Your Supervising Teacher’s Name
- Your Grade
- Log your hours DAILY
- Submit your WEEKLY timesheet every Friday.
- Remind your supervising teacher to initial your hours.
Jessica Geldner, Program Coordinator Email: email@example.com